Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pursuit of Excellence

"The Pursuit of Excellence is an achievement challenge designed to help a participant develop a Christ-like life of love and service. Accomplishing this objective requires a diligent and serious effort in al aspects of life - spiritual, intellectual, social, and physical."

I have decided to work on my 'pursuit of excellence' and will discuss my goals and achievments and struggles here.

"And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order" (Mosiah 4:27)

I always take on too much, thinking that one small thing isn't enough. So I end up not doing anything. So I will take this scripture to heart and try one small thing until I have made that small thing a strength, before I move on to the next thing. "Line upon line, precept upon precept; here a little, and there a little."

I decided to begin with the physical side of my pursuit because I know that my energy level and physical health affect all areas of my life.

My first goal is to establish a physical fitness program that I feel I can accomplish.
So here it is...

I will walk/run 1 mile/day 3x/ week.

I also want to include the spiritual side because I can't wait on that. So I will just have the two goals for now.

My spiritual goal is to sincerely pray on my knees 2x/day. I hope to gain a better relationship with Jesus Christ so that I may come to adore Him and begin to emulate Him.

I look forward to this goal the most.

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus christ, whom thous hast sent."
                                  John 17:3

1 comment:

  1. Cool. I like the idea of starting slow. I, like you, always have 1000 changes to make at once and so I make none.

    Just remember even baby steps are steps forward.

    ReplyDelete