Monday, June 21, 2010

I didn't know that...

I finished the Book of Mormon at the end of May and my goal was to read it two more times before the end of the year. However, when I started to read it again I felt bored. I've read 1 Nephi so many times and I just wasn't ready to read it again. So I decided to study my Book of Mormon institute manual instead.
I just read something interesting last night. I was reading about Lehi's dream and the manual listed the things he saw with a list of the interpretations and examples. The mist of darkness was listed as the temptations of the devil which I already knew but then it said that it is also the plain and precious things that were taken from the Bible were also the mist of darkness. I had never heard that before. It was very interesting. It also made a lot of sense. Many people do not succumb to the atrocities in this life so the devil has done something else to lure them away.
I am sooooo thankful for the Book of Mormon. I know it is true. I have read it many times and the Holy Spirit witnesses to me, every time, of it's truthfulness. I am thankful that I have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I am so thankful to know that if I ever feel lost I can study the Book of Mormon and pray and know that I am right where I should be.
Hold to the rod!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment