Monday, January 11, 2010

The Joy of Anguish

I don't know if you've ever felt anguish. That feeling you get when you are suffering terribly for some reason. Whether it is caused by a realization of sins, suffering of family passings. Perhaps health reasons. I don't know. I felt this for 5 days recently and it was horrible. I never want to feel it again. The Lord allowed me to feel this anguish so that I would see how bad it is and turn to Him. Also that I would appreciate NOT feeling it all the more. I'm thankful for that. The Lord is wonderful, all knowing and all merciful.

1 comment:

  1. It seems to me the length of anguish is related to how quickly I can fully turn to the Savior and give the burden to Him. After that, though the sorrow, pain and hurt remain, the anguish is gone.

    Let me know if I can do anything for you. :)

    ReplyDelete